He has made everything beautiful in it's time.

He has made everything beautiful in it's time.
Ecclesiates 3:11

Thursday 31 July 2014

Bible Study: Day One - Philippians 1

Philippians 1

May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation—the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ —for this will bring much glory and praise to God. (‭Philippians ‭1‬:‭11‬ NLT)


Was at choir practice last night, and our choir director - Wendy, has encouraged us to read the book of Philippians, so I think, why not? 

The book of Phillipans is written by the apostle Paul to the brothers and sisters in Philippi. 

In this chapter one, Paul was expressing his gratitude to the people in Philippi while he was imprisoned, not sure where was his prison, but that doesn't matter now. (I shall checked on wikipedia later)

I read and read and noticed that even though he is in prison, his heart is so full of thankagiving, to our Lord Jesus Christ, to the people who are supporting him and even to those who are against him. 

I am like, can I ever be in such thanksgiving spirit? Even for those who speaks against him, but is preaching the Good News to the world. He has such a big heart. He is so secured in Christ. Yes, secured is the word. 

Many people are doing things to hurt or bring other people down, simply because they are insecured. They do not have Jesus in their life. And even those who has Jesus, who know Jesus is for them, but they have never really trust in the Good News, or they haven been believing wrong all the time because of the wrong doctrine or preaching they received from some angry leaders/ pastors. They don't know that God's love is unconditional. And Jesus died for the the ungodly. 

Pastor has always emphasized that it is for God SO loved the world, that He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die for us, the sinners. And Jesus loves and obeyed His Father and He came and died for us willingly, so that we can all be made righteous by His shed blood. His blood was shed to wash us clean, whiter than snow. Hallelujah! And if we believe in His finished work for us, we will have the security in life and we will live right. 

And being thanksgiving is part of the living right lifestyle. Give thanks in everything! Seriously, not an easy task. But thanks be to God the Father, and Jesus Christ, His beloved Son. I believe that when I put my focus on Christ, nothing else really matter. He is always with me, to minister to me, to comfort me, to accompany me, to heal me, to guide me, to lead me, to teach me and to feed me. Spiritually and physically. 

Give thanks! I am learning to give thanks and also to give the benefit of doubts towards people whom I feel they have done me wrong. If Paul being in the prison can still be so thankful, then me, the free one should give even more thanks for my life. 

Paul said, to live is to live for Christ, and dying is even better, coz to die means he will be with Jesus forevermore, so dying is of course a better deal. I also have the same struggle sometimes. To live or to die? Well, I guess this is not something I can control. My life is fully control by my Lord. So, while I am living, let me continue to live for Him, to receive His abundance of grace for me and to serve Him back out of the overflow that He has blessed me with. 

Thank You Lord Jesus! I know I won't be here if it's not for Your sake. Let me continue to live a thanksgiving life that is full of Your Hased, Your Grace and Truth, Your loving kindness and tender mercies, Your protection in Psalm 91, Your healing promises, Your unearned, undeserved and unmerited favour for me.  Thank You Abba for so loved me and sent Your one and only beloved Son Jesus Christ to die my death and take away all my sins, and made me the righteousness of God in Christ! 

All this in Jesus' most precious and wonderful name. Amen and amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment